Thursday 11 October 2012

Porcupine, Nutcracker, Grey Jay Part 2 Lake Louise trip (121009)

We (Len and I ) are headed to Lake Louise to meet up with the Ladies, and celebrate Mom's birthday. The morning was full of outstanding Bull moose encounters. Heading further north we found this friendly Magpie.
It was great to find an early returning Rough Legged Hawk, on our way. I look forward to getting shots of these birds all winter long.
Next up, a typical Canadian Grey Jay or Whiskey Jack. We found a little family of these birds foraging along the highway.  While they tend to be approachable, they never seem to stop moving.
As soon as we arrived at Lake Louise we were greeted by one of the local favourites; a Clark's Nutcracker. It is actually photo'd here on top of my passenger door:)  there is just something about my truck today.
Here is an inflight shot from later in the afternoon.
We were visited a little while later by "Harry the Porcupine".
To finish out the day we managed a couple of very quick shots of this Stellar's Jay, it would seem that the first 9 months of the year I couldn't find any, then in the last couple of weeks I can find them anywhere, go figure.
That pretty well wrapped up a GREAT day:)  I hope that you too had a great day.
Turbo


No comments:

Post a Comment