Tuesday 26 June 2012

Black Crowned Night Heron

So after a fresh tank of gas and an A&W Uncle burger, I met Kerri and we headed of to her "spot". On the road in we spied a pair of Grey Partridge, I swung the truck around and they flushed. They landed in the edge of a field and I had a pretty good bead on them, but when I put my camera up they disappeared, just like magic.  So we went down the road a bit and turned around, and I spied this fellow on the way back.
We decide to take the blind and chairs in, as Kerri had never tried taking shots out fo a blind previously. On the walk over we had Wilson Phalaropes, Black Necked Stilts, Kildeer and Whitefaced Ibis flying all around. As we approach the area we want to set up, Kerri spots this BCNH on the fence.
She flew off and eventually as we got closer so did the two youngsters.
These guys don't have the same long neck as the Great Blue, but they are quite large birds.
We set up the blind and waited. We had Pellican's flying by and a pair of Willets came in close for a while, then this pair of ducks travelled our way and were joined by a Willet.
Eventually a Willet cam e in nice and tight to give us a great shot.
I believe that Kerri was sold on the whole blind idea. We spent an hour and had a lot of activity, and it is not hard to see how productive a photographer could be in a spot with some brids to shoot.
On the drive home we passed by this Wilson's Snipe, who did not want to flush, No crop.
We also managed to find this lone feeding Whitefaced Ibis that was considerate enough to let us capture some images. I just have to find one of these sweethearts on s sunny day!
Thank you Kerri for taking me into your spot, hopefully you got something out of the trip as well!
Have a GREAT week everyone, I can hardly wait for next weekend.
Turbo



No comments:

Post a Comment