Friday 25 September 2015

Pheasants finally (201509) Finally found pheasants in the yard.

While I have been seeing pheasants around the neighbourhood, I had been hoping to find them visiting in the yard. Well over the past week I have been able to spend some time with my new neighbours in my own yard! The other morning I spied this young rooster across the street from the house. Thank god for the 600mm.
The next morning Deb and I watch as one walked across the front yard. I tried to get into position for a shot, but he was too quick and got away from me. Then on the following morning I was out in the yard and was able to grab a couple of images of this fellow.
I had spotted him in the back yard and tried to stay in front of him so I could get some more images. I went around the shed and got him again. I am amazed at how easily these large birds are able to "disappear" in the grass.
Here he is down in the ditch grabbing a drink in front of the house.
He "allowed" me to get fairly close. He crossed the bottom of the driveway.
Here he is walking up the hill on the east side of the house, carefree as could be!
A couple of days later I was out back with a visitor from Colorado. I had lent him my big lens to see if we could get a little action on his road trip. We were happy to see 5 pheasants come to visit, 3 roosters and 2 hens. Hopefully he has something that he will be proud of. After he left, I was fortunate enough to have them return. I love the "purple" that is showing on this fellows back.
Here are the two ladies resting comfortably and keeping an eye on what the "boys" were up to.
This is the oldest of the juveniles that were in the group. His colouring is significantly more developed.
Here you can see his green "head" coming in, and you can see his little "horns" are developing nicely.
I will wrap this post up here with the warning that you should be seeing more images of these beautiful birds in future posts. Oh, yeah and by the way this week, put some wild in your life!
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment