Tuesday 27 December 2011

Snowy Owls (20111226) Boxing Day

Well, on the third anniversary of receiving a DSLR, I thought that I would mark the day with a field trip (James and the girls were going shopping anyway).  It was to be a beautiful sunny day and for once the weatherman didn't lie. I took a shot on my mid-southern "track" this morning, and was disappointed that there were no GHO's out and about.  I started the day with a Rough Legged, he was perched on a line as opposed to a pole, so I thought it might be an owl in the low light.
Covering some new country, I managed to get a couple of long distance shots of my first Northern Goshawk, so the day was starting right!  A few miles down the road, I managed my first Snowy of the day, but she was very spooky.  I was quite a distance from her when she left her roost and settled into an open field. So I had the opportunity to see my first "on the ground bird". She was quite a distance away, so the photos are not really good.  About 10 minutes later, I found this sweet heart, and she was very accommodating!

Not a bad day over all. I was home by 11:00, with the truck re-fuelled and ready for next "run".
All the best over the holiday season to everyone!

Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment