Tuesday 8 May 2012

Kildeer, Shovelers, Cinnamon teal, Yellowheaded Blackbird, pheasant--Sunday May 7 Continued.

As I mentioned in the previous post I thought that I better not overexpose my audience, so here is the installment of birds out with Tim On Sunday afternoon after our morning walk. Before we go too far though I thought that I would post a decent shot of a Killdeer that I took last week with my trusty D80'
Back to our regularly scheduled programming!  Here is another looka t a pair of Northern Shovelers:
Next up is Cinnamon Teal, I wish I would have had the sun behind me, they really shine in the light.
We did manage to find a muskrat out on a sunny day as well.
Through the day we found 5 or 6 different Kestrels, our luck was even better when we learned where they like to hunt from:)
The Red Wings and YellowHeads were everywhere it seems, and everyone was bursting into song.
Of course by Supper time some of the more mature males just want to sit around.
Tim did send me off a shot of the femail pheasant we found a little later in the day. You don't often see them standing up like this without being in full trot.
And as I am kind of catching up with this post, I thought that I would throw in a shot I took this morning of a White Tailed Jack Rabbit that was sitting on my fron walkway, enjoy!
I hope everyone has a GREAT week!

Turbo



No comments:

Post a Comment