Wednesday 10 October 2012

Truck licking Moose (121009) Off to Lake Louise

Len and I headed out early to meet the ladies at Lake Louise, with Bull Moose being my target for Len before he heads back to Nova Scotia. Very early in the day we saw Whitetail bucks and does, followed up by a small herd of elk, and we even threw in a pair of GHO's, spotted one at a time. Then it was Mountain time for quite a while, until we got into Moose country. This turned out better than I could have hoped, we came around a coner and here were three moose: a bull on the left, a cow on the right a nd a second cow about 1000 yards further up on the right.
This cow held tight while we vacated the truck, she walked right passed the passenger window. I think this fella was hanging around hoping for some post rut opportunitiy.
We spent quite a bit of time (about 25 minutes) together with these two. The bull in particular was very accomodating and entertaining. A car went by and this brave fellow jumped into the woods until the coast was clear.
After a little re-positioning, I managed to get this shot of Len and his Bull.
I was hoping to get some different angles, and he let me know when to fire off the shot!
And after all that he thought he'd help clean up my truck. Such aGREAT guy!
As we headed down the road we found this other bull, clearly a larger unit, but he wasn't hanging around for pictures.
Around the corner we found a familiar face. This is "Paul's Bull" from a few weeks ago.
We decided to try back down the road and see if any new faces appeared. No one new, but my now favourite guy was there and he wanted to finish cleaning my truck.
I will add one more shot for this post, I am hoping he will remember the smell of my truck for a long time to come, and stop by and say "hello" everytime I drop by.
I will wrap up our morning here, with what I would call a highly successful Bull Moose search for Len. another update on later this day will be coming shortly!
Turbo







No comments:

Post a Comment