Friday 2 January 2015

Cardinal, Geese, Junco (20141226) Some Boxing Day shots from Toronto

The Bride and I went to Toronto for the Christmas holiday this year that means that I would be on the hunt for a red bird or two. The daughter's man and I took a little walk around the pond and found this female Cardinal out in the open.
As you can see we had very poor light for shooting on this day. We also found the male, but he was much less cooperative. This is typically where I find them.
There was quite a commotion of noise around the pond. The Canadian Geese were doing soething I had never witnessed before. They would flip them selves completely on their back and put their feet in the air.
It seemed like they would take turns "bathing" in this manner.
Considering the mild winter weather, maybe these birds figured it was like a day at the beach in the sumer and they were just enjoying a little water frolicking:)
Later in the day we were treated to a brief glimpse of some golden hour sun. I took advantage to shoot a couple of "yard" birds. A Dark-eyed Junco to start.
Of course the Black-capped Chicky's were there too.
The group was rounded out by a couple of Mourning Doves.
I'll finish this post with a final Dark-eyed Junco. I hope that everyone had a safe and joyous holiday season!
Just a reminder that no matter where you are, you should always try to put a little wild in your life!
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment