Saturday 12 November 2011

Muley Buck Great Horned Owl (20111112) Lone evening drive

The weather today was supposed to be brutal so I wasn't anticipating getting out at all, but I finally pulled the plug and jumped into the truck for an evening spin. I managed to find this fine fella courting a lady:
A little later, on the drive home, I found the GHO that Jamie and I had uncovered last week. He was out on the prowl for dinner, I am certain.
With it being quite windy you can see his ear tufts being blown sideways.  One other GHO on the trip home, but it was too dark to get a shot.  I believe that this is the second time that I have seen that particular owl as well, so now I have a couple that I can find in the evening or morning light.

I have also updated the Blog page with a link to my website, drop by and take a peek!
Have a great evening!
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment