Sunday 27 November 2011

Northern Shrike as a target

After a tough week of downs with no ups, my wife sent me to the camera store to rent a camera for the weekend (mine is back at Nikon getting checked out for focus issues).  I picked up a trusty D90 and was able to secure the lens that is on my wish list right now, a 120-300mm Sigma 2.8 with 1.4 teleconverter.
Jamie got trapped into a the search for the elusive Northern Shrike.  We were unable to come up with that particular bird but we did manage to find many Rough Legged Hawks enjoying the blustery day. I have shot above with three hawks all together, I have never seen them travel like that before, I am expecting that they are a family unit.

We also managed to find two GHO's late in the evening, Jamie did a great job of spotting one on a hay bale in the field about 80 yards off the road.  I was surprised how well the 2.8 lens performed.  I have also included a shot of one of two Muley bucks we managed to spy on the afternoon.

Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment