Friday 11 November 2011

Ruffed Grouse-Rememberance Day (20111111)

As a tribute to the men and women who have served our country in all capacities, on Remembrance Day each year I go out do something that in a lot of places only "free" men get to do, I go hunting. Rarely for the kill, mostly for the comradeship and spending time with nature in the GREATEST country in the world!
This morning was no different. Sheldon picked me up pretty much on time, an hour earlier than the past couple of weeks due to the time change, and that was tough!  I found this fella on the walk into the Perch, my best Ruffed Grouse shot in some time, so I hope you enjoy.
Limited animal movement this morning and nothing of significance to report.
The wandering drive home revealed surprisingly few Rough Legged Hawks, maybe 7, compared to the 50+ in the same area as last week with Jamie. The bulk of the migration must be complete through this area.  Have a GREAT day!

Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment