Wednesday 11 January 2012

Downey Woodpecker Chickadee Fish Creek Park first adventure

I headed down to Fish Creek Park this afternoon for a walk. It was a bright sunny day and I thought I might be able to catch a bird or two.  I've signed up as a participant for the next 12 weeks, Sunday bird walks in the park. I am hoping to hone my bird identification skills and maybe find a secret hideout or two for a specie. I wasn't there 20 minutes and found my buddy Harry the Downey Woodpecker:
And everywhere you go you can find the Blacked Capped Chickadee:

The couple of hours were gone before I knew it with a couple thousand Canada Geese, buffleheads, Goldeneye's, Merganser's, a Flicker, and who knows what all else. I did spot a large bird of prey that looked like it could be a Goshawk, I will need someone else to take a look and offer an opinion.
So you will be getting a pile of bird updates over the next while, I hope that doesn't stop you from visiting to see what is up.

Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment