Saturday 28 January 2012

Northern Saw Whet Owl

Well, it was a great excursion out at Carburn Park this morning. The main attraction was a Northern Saw Whet Owl, they are very small:)
If you didn't know exactly what tro look for you would miss them for certain.  This unit is under the large fallen branch. It was very calm with 20 people milling about! Here is a better shot of what they actually look like:
The morning walk included several Downy woodpeckers, 1000's of waterfowl highlighted by Barrow's Golden eye's, redpolls, chickadee's, 11 deer, many many squirrels and crows, with 5 bald eagles to add to the list. I then went over to Fish creek to try and shoot the GHO's but the light was poor again today. I will be heading back out for my regularly schedule Sunday walk tomorrow, at the same place as today. I wanted to maximize my opportunities to find this uncommon visitor. Have a GREAT day!

Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment