Saturday 7 January 2012

Northern Goshawk Great Horned Owl (20120107)


I saw this bird last week in the exact same area, but was unable to identify as I couldn't get a shot of him prior to flying off. This morning I was ready, and it was cooperative. My third Northern Goshawk sighting.
Today was a branch challenging day, first with the Goshawk, then with a GHO:

Sorry for the blurry shot, but this is the the only one I managed to get, first time I have found  a GHO with outstanding light for quite a while. I need to work on my stealth-mode approaches a lot more. I did manage to get a shot, but I was hoping to get quite a bit closer given teh conditions. Today was a "good day"!
2GHO's, one Snowy, my first Gray partridges of the year (8), the Goshawk, a coyote, some deer and two misplaced cow moose. I also found several Rough Legged's on the way home. The new truck worked out great!
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment