Thursday 26 January 2012

Rough Legged Hawk Jeannette's first outing

Jeannette picked up a new camera and was interested in seeing some larger critters, to capture. We met at a Starbucks in the Southend of Calgary shortly after 8:00 this morning--an hour later than I would have liked to headed out, but I had "chores". Whitetails were plentiful today as we managed to find 40-50 of them throughout the day. Many of them were at a distance, but a couple up close.  We also we lucky enough to spot 7 sheep (a long way off), and while reviewing the photo's just now, I managed to find 4 more for a total of 11--all rams. I managed to eke out one moose, which was browsing at about 70 yards, but no shots worth posting. I was surprised by the number of Rough Legged's still around as we probably saw 15 in total.  This was probably my best "shot" of the day.

Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment