Sunday 25 November 2012

Moose, Grey Partridge, Bucks on a Sunday morning Shorty (121118)

I took a quick (short) ride on Sunday morning as I didn't want to burn too much of the day. I left home @ 7:00 a.m. and was home by 9:00, so you know I didn't venture too far. a quick count leaves me with: 2 moose, 4 eagles, 14 Grey Partridge, 2 Whitetail bucks, two Muley bucks, one rooster pheasant, many Doe deer, and a northern Flicker. What a great part of the country we live in.
My first first nice Whitetail buck was too early in the morning to get a shot. As I eased into the "backend" of my planned track, I found a moose, a doe Muley and this little (?) covey (14) of Greys.
As I moved along I spotted an immature Bald eagle flying over head, again low light prevented a decent image from being taken. Heading back out with a little more light I was able to get this shotr of a pair of cow moose, they look like a cow and her yearling daughter.
These two ladies took to running, as you can see from here, regular height fences are little obstacle for them to navigate.
One of my many side roads produced this muley buck with several does hanging around the edge of the field. They were a long way off.
As I was headed down another of my roads I happened on three matue Bald Eagles. They were cruising over the Bow checking out the many waterfowl that were in floatilla's on the river. They kept an eye on me as I got out of the truck to shoot these images.
To finish up this post I'll include this shot of a little fork horn Muley popping over a rail fence.
I hope everyone has a great wildlife week.
Turbo



No comments:

Post a Comment