Monday 13 July 2015

20150415 Varied, moose, Boreal

Back at Christmas my wife and I decided that we were going to move to Nova Scotia. Our house had been for sale for a bit and it finally sold. I have been busy doing things that have landed us in a new house in a new province. There will be quite a few updates coming over the next little while as I have not done one in 90 days.
Here is one of my last tracks with my good Buddy Jamie, as we headed out to Spray lakes in search of what might be an early bear or two. Our first sighting of note was this singing Varied Thrush a bird you might be tired of seeing this year.
Here is a second shot showing a little more of the profile. These boys like to hang out on the tallest branches they can find it would seem.
We also found tyhis "Oregon" colouration of a Dark-eyed Junco.
This pair of moose looked very relaxed in the morning frost.
Closer to Canmore we found a gathering of Merganzers, here are a trio of the ladies.
We finished up the day quite a bit earlier than usual with some Boreal Chickadees. This is my favourite shot of the day.
Yet another great outing with Jamie, and I am hoping that there will be one or two more before I have to leave Alberta.  Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment