Sunday 30 September 2012

Whitetail bucks, Full moon and Calf moose 120929

I thought I would tran another "moon shot" on Friday night, it was looking pretty nice off the front deck.
Jamie and I headed out look with the hopes of finding a couple of bull moose, first spots was this small group of bachelor buck whitetails.
Up the road a way we found this Cow and calf. I was surprised that he was still nursing at this date.





Here is a shot of him just before he disappeared.
 Just 200 yards up the road were these two young Whitetail bucks that were willing to show us their sporty new Spike:)
We were having a pretty dry morning on one of our prime roads, when we spoted two Ruffed Grouse, these birds were really quite skittish, is what will help them to become adults. Here is very poor shot of one of them.
I hope that everyone has a great Wildlife week.
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment