Wednesday 11 March 2015

Hairy Woodpecker, Squirrel, Coyote (20150305) A return to Bebo

It has been quite a while since I took a stroll where we have found the NPO's in the past. I had some time, and needed to take a stroll in the sun, so off I went. I was glad to find the parking lot empty. While watching some Chickadees I heard a different tune, and it turned out to be a pair of Hairy Woodpeckers.
This is the most vocal I have ever heard these birds. They were squawking and swooping around the area it was amazing. Here is just the male.
It was very tough to get these birds out in the open, they really liked hanging in the thick heavy spruce. Here is the soon to be mom.
While there was very little I was able to capture successfully, I missed out on a Merlin, and some Blue Jays, but found this surprise visitor a Whiskey Jack in town. A long distance evidence only shot.
There were a lot of squirrels out and about, so you have to shoot them, as Kerri says "we don't want to become wildlife snobs!".
The 90 minutes just got chewed up and while heading out of the park I spied this last subject, and just had to include it here. A little Wiley E. Coyote, to end the day.
A terrific morning, with some terrific wildlife company. Put some wild in your week!
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment