Thursday 12 March 2015

Mink, Hare, Townsend Solitaire (20150308) a Sunday morning walk at Voltiers Flats.

The FFCP walk this Sunday was at a section of the park where I had only been once before, but nice weather had high expectations for the day. While the walking was slippery and very noisy we were still able to find a few subjects to keep us entertained. After watching some Pine Grosbeaks, Nuthatches and Downy woodpeckers we caught a glimpse of this beautiful mink.
A short distance later this Varying Hare was spotted right next to the trail. It held until everyone passed.
Next up was this very cooperative Townsend's Solitaire.
These are the nicest conditions that I have had to capture this beautiful bird.
This was such a great opportunity I thought that I would add one more image of this white eye-ringed birds.
Next up, I call Canada's bird which I may have to stop doing, is the Black-capped Chickadee. 
I'll wrap up this post with another Black-capped shot. We had a terrific day with wonderful weather and probably 20 specie on our winter list. 
I hope that you too had a great weekend. This weekend, put a little wild in your life!
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment