Tuesday 31 March 2015

Swift fox, Golden eagle, White-throated Sparrow (20150311-15) A bit of a hodgepodge of trips

Over the past couple of months I have been preoccupied with personal stuff involving the house and other items so I have been re-miss at getting some images up here on the blog.  A coupleof trips have been made out for more swift foxes with minimal opportunities. On one trip I was able to find this soaring Golden Eagle.
On the third night out watching for the "Swifties" I spent about a minute with this little critter.
I was watching it through the camera lens and thought it was gently settling in as it cautiously put first one paw then the second.
The little fox seemed to be getting comfortable as it looked like it was about to rest its chin on its paws.
Then in a flash it was gone! You might even say "swiftly" :)
This next set of shots were from one of our Sunday walks that for the most part was uneventful until we found this early returning Song Sparrow.
 On the same morning this recent arrival also held nicely for the group, obviously resting from a long distance journey.
Another great surprise for us on the day was this White-Throaded Sparrow.
There was some discussion as to wether this was a recent arrival or perhaps a bird that has over-wintered here in Calgary. I really like these birds:) So you get a second shot.
I'll wrap up this post here, but don't worry I have more material coming shortly.
I am hoping that in my absence you have been able to get some wild in your life!
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment