Sunday 29 April 2012

13 striped Ground Squirrel

We were off to South Glenmore park here in Calgary this morning. A real challenge with a large body of water is that birds can just swim away from you, so many birds were too far for decent photos. We found Common Loons, American Widgeon, Eared Grebe, Red Necked Grebe, Swans, Mallards, Coots et al.
Here is a shot of an American Crow it is nice to get one with some green and blue:
I find the Common Goldeneye a tough bird to get the eye just right on, due to the colour bleed on most shots of.
We ran into a small flock of Yellowrumped Warblers, they are small and flit around pretty steady so I am happy with anything that shows their colour.
So here is another:

I also managed this Red Breasted Nuthatch in the more familiar upside down pose.
And my Coup-de-Gras of the day was my first ever 13 line Ground Squirrel:
I might get out for a tour this afternoon, if all goes well.
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment