Saturday 28 April 2012

D7K back in the shop- D80 comes to the rescue.

I decided to send my D7000 back to Nikon for them to look at it. It comes off warranty next month, so I wanted to make certain all was good, and given the challenges that I have experienced with Pro level lenses, I think something is wrong.  Anyhow, about today's tour; A great one! I hope you enjoy the shots.  Started off with a coyote and a pair of Merlins with a pile of Blackbirds and Starlings. Thought I would post this out of focus (OOF) shot as it represents prairie colour this time of year.
I just love the Black of the Redwing and Yellowhead Blackbirds(first ones I've seen this year), with blue sky, green grass, brown of the fields and bullrushes. Hopefully it works for you. I always want to get better shots of the Redwing Blackbird presenting his plumage. I thought the twin bullrush footholds and full song was a pretty good capture.
I grabbed a quick shot of this Song Sparrow, sorry for the poor quality, but they are small tough birds to get close to.
The Western Meadowlark was everywhere today, I probably found 20. These are very melodious birds, and have a very striking appearance to back up the song:)
My next capture was of a bird that can be found almost anywhere in Canada or the US, the tiny Savannah Sparrow. Love the yellow eyebrow.
By this time I had seen probably 4 or 5 Kestrels, but they were all photo shy. I had attempted many shots at a Roughie on the wing, with no luck, but did manage to spy this GHO. I don't know if it is a male or female, it looks like it is right in front of a nest. So, I don't know if he just finished eating, or if the female was giving the owlet a little room.  I didn't see any little critters in the nest, but will keep an eye out on my next visit to the area.
I managed to find that owl on my way home, along with this RWBB, maybe my best shot yet of one.
So, a good morning. Best shots to date of a WML and RWBB, a new Owl to keep an eye on and an abundance of Kestrels and Merlin to be watching for.  I also found 5-6 Swainson Hawks so you will soon be seeing photos of them too. Hope you have a GREAT Saturday.

Turbo




No comments:

Post a Comment