Monday 20 August 2012

Another dry night. 120819

We dropped by my "tomato keeper" today and brought him a jar partridge berry jam for his efforts. He told me of a hawk nest in town the night he took me to hte airport, so we took a little ride over to see if any of the chicks were still in the nest. Here is a shot of mom and little one.
A great chance to get shots of these great birds.
Zel \and I headed out to the "ranch" to see if we could find the GGO's that have been reported with little luck. It was another very hot day, and after a little sprinkle of rain it cooled a bit, we caught this little buck out with a lady friend. I don't know if I've evr got a drop tine shot on a Muley before.
Zel is more of a landscape guy than me, but this shot was worth stopping for.
On our second pass through what is supposed to be the "owl zone" we found this family of Kestrels.
As light was fading I was able to spot this cow, a grand "second prize" for Zel.
Then just a mile up the road we found this herd of 40-60 head of Elk, there is a mix of antlers that stillhave their velvet and others look to already be polished.
Then another two miles up the road here was what should be a pretty nice Whitetail buck.
And to wrap up the post I thought I'd throw in another shot of the Swainson's chick.
Have a Great wildlife week. Looking forward to a Thursday night Bear run this week.
Turbo






No comments:

Post a Comment