Friday 31 August 2012

Moose, Merlins, GGO South West Great Grey finally 120830


On one last ditch attemtp to find the camera friendly GGO's of the South West, we finally succeeded. Tim and I grabbed a Mr. Sub for dinner, and were on the road.  Tim spied this Bald Eagle just out of town.

Then just down the road a bit he spotted this cow moose. I had to stop her from running in order to grab a couple of shots. I was surprised we found her that early in the evening.
As has been the case every trip out we were able to spot a multitude od American Kestrels. There were 4 in a single dead tree, just before I managed to grab these two together.
Fianally just before last light we found this GGO but it was very uncooperative and we were not able to get any closer than about 30-40 yards.
Here is another shot of it. quite a distance away.
With tomorrow night bing the "blue moon" and not having one for almost another 3 years we grabbed some clear night sky for a shot or two.
With my little girl coming to town tomorrow I am hoping for one or two sucessful outings over the weekend with her.  Have a super evening everyone.
Turbo





No comments:

Post a Comment