Tuesday 5 February 2013

Sharp Shinned, Redpoll, Snowy's (20130203) After the Sunday walk

I picked up Zelimir and we stopped off at my place to tighten up my ball head, then we headed out for Snowy's once again.  I Love those birds! Zel was driving and we had to whoa up for this beauty.

This is the first Sharp Shinned I have seen in quite some time. I would have liked to had a clearer view, but we have to take what they give us. We were about to make our regular run when I decided we should spin by our favourite Redpoll spot.
I am thoroughly impressed with these little fellows and gals.
When we hit the prime spot for out birds it was great to see that one of favourite Snowys is still well and hunting in her typical fashion. She wasn't close enough to the road to grab a descent image. We next found a beautiful mature male on a fence post, but he was pretty skittish and didn't give us a chance for shots. Our next owl was a little more friendly.
It seemed to be the ladies that were cooperative today as we also found this sweetheart a little way down aside road. We had to back up  and head down the gravel to grab this shot.
We then headed to home with the idea of getting to watch the second half of the Superbowl:)
I hope everyone had a great wildlife weekend.

Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment