Friday 11 December 2015

Magnolia and Black-throated Green Warbler (20150829) Another productive yard day.

I have been seeing something that looked like a flycatcher around the house for a while, but have been unable to capture it. I did today for the first time, and it is nothing more than an evidence shot. But here is my first Eastern Wood Pewee. Normally a first sighting demands two or three images, but no such luck today!
Next up is the ever beautiful Magnolia Warbler. This will be a bird that I search for now here on the East coast. They just look terrific.
It would seem that I have been neglecting one of my favourite Canadian birds, the Black-capped Chickadee. So here is an image to make up for my naughiness.
This is the first time that I have really had the chance to notice the yellow on the feet of the Black-throated Green Warbler. I watched as it chowed down on this poor defenseless caterpillar.
After the meal concluded, it took a couple of seconds and just scolded me with this look!
A little while later I was able to crab this very quick, very poor image of one of our local Ospreys.
Then Mr. Fancy Pants showed up to investigate the "scene". It is great having the family here to grab shots of all the time.
The morning ended at about 8:30 with our little hummer buddy on one of our "yet undetermined" flowers. We are anxiously awaiting to see what these stocks produce. Just look at those little feet!
Well that was today's encounters. Take some time, today or tomorrow, and put a little "wild" in your life!
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment