Monday 7 December 2015

Turkey Vulture, Ruby-throated, Moon (20150801) Around the house.

I thought I would spend a little time in the yard this morning. We were headed over to Mom's for the day and I was up early. I caught this guy doing a little morning grooming before the strenuous events of his day were about to begin.
Next I was able to find and grab an image of this juvenile Dark-eyed Junco, one of four or five that reside in the neighbourhood.
Here is a shot of the hummer surveying his kingdom. He chases all the other hummers from the one feeder that is set up by the house.
While on the drive out to Mom's I had to get the bride to stop and pull over to the side of the road. Not the first time I have seen these birds in Nova Scotia, but probably my best photo opp so far. There were two of them scouring the highway and right of way for a morning meal.
Turkey Vultures are amazing flyers, their ability to float on the slightest of breezes is pretty unique. They kind of remind me of how slow a Canada Jay can fly with minimum effort at times.
We had a terrific day with Mom et al. Last night was a "blue moon", but as we were driving home the moon had a definite different tone to it. So here is a shot of what looks like a "blood moon".
That wraps up this post, for the first day of August. Tomorrow, put a little "wild" in your life!
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment