Wednesday 18 December 2013

Snowy Owl. (20131217) A look for both Short and Long Earred owls

I had been reading about Short Earred and the spotting of Long Earred Owls in the South, so I had to take a trek out to see if I could find them. I headed out around 7:30 hoping to find them on an early  morning hunt for chow. Just off the the main drag I spotted this young Snowy on the side of the highway.
This particular bird is occupying an area on a paved road sso it is getting comfortable withe the presence of vehicles. I am hoping that if I get down that way again I will be able to get out and get some better images.
As I travelled around the targeted Owl area I was able to spot a second Snowy.  They are always get to find on the lower fence posts.
This was a bird that I was able to appraoch on foot. I love the claws.
I was hoping for bright Blue sky behind, but no luck. The dull day caused for images less than ideal.
Shortly after this my camera started to act up, so I abandoned the search and headed straight to the dealer to see what was up.  The unit has to go back to the manufacturer for warranty repairs, I am glad I still have a back up. Even I cannot take shots, come on out to Calgary and I can find your targetted specie so you can capture the shot.
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment