Monday 20 January 2014

Snowy, Grey Partridge, various (20140109) Just getting out of the house.

The bride chased me out of the house today for some reason, I can't even remember now:( I took a swing out to the Ranch as there is supposed to be a Northern Hawk Owl out that way. No owl, but I did spot this nice healthy looking cow moose.
If you cannot see from that shot, this image of a beautiful Rough Legged Hawk will show you that the skies were heavy overcast, and provided very little light and Dynamic Range opportunity.
I always enjoy the opportunity to get better photo's of Horned Larks, as it turns out this is a pretty poor image. 
I was surprized when this bald eagle crossed the road and landed in the field. Another poor image due to the distance and light conditions.
Another bird that I need to get better shots of is the Grey Partridge, these birds just will not cooperate for me yet.
You know "when it rains it pours"? Well I found this Snowy Owl and it was accompanied by about 2-300 Snow Buntings.
I believe that this is a decent image that shows off the in flight barring of the Snowy's feathers.
That wrapped up my exile from the house, so I returned by 1:00 p.m. and grabbed some lunch. I was a little disappointed at the fact that I was only able to find 1 Snowy, perhaps I will find more another day.
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment