Friday 27 May 2016

Black-throate Green Warblers, Ruby-throated Hummers, Blackburnians (201605-weekthree) Birds around the house

Well, I have been wanting to get back to the "tracks" for quite a while, so I finally managed a short stroll with the new puppy. It was a little disappointing for photo opps, I did hear one Ruffed drumming and since I had the dog I didn't go looking for him. At the far end of the walk this little fella started following me home.
 Then a little further down the rails a second Black-throated Green Warbler put in an appearance. These little fellas made my whole day! I love how this guy has a little yellow below the black throat!
I also found a number of these plants. I have to check with Clarence for an identification. He tells me it is a Shad Bush, one of his favourites.
At then end of the day I took this shot of the puppy. It kind of looks like she is in jail or the olden day "stocks".
A couple of days later I finally managed to get a couple of Hummer shots. The first of the year. Here is one of the guys doing a little grooming.
A little later in the day I came out and found this guy on the deck. I have to get some stickers for the deck to stop these strikes from happening. This guy was fine as he flew off as I approached.
The next morning as I was standing in the camp I spotted this little beauty flutter down from the tree tops. I have been waiting all spring to see the return of the Blackburnian Warblers.
It was pretty early in the morning so the conditions of the light were very poor.
A little later this same morning I received a visit from one of my residents from last year.
 I love these little Black-throated green warblers, they are entertaining if you can keep your eyes on them.
I'll finish this post up with one more Ruby-throated image.
Take some time this week and put a little "wild" in your life, I know I will!
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment