Saturday 21 May 2016

Flickers and other yard Birds (201604-late) A few different days around the yard.

I was out on the deck watching for birds when a threesome of Flickers broke into the large Maple tree and kicked up a rucous. The shots that I took with all three of the birds were terrible quality. So you will have to settle for a couple of shots of a pair of birds.
It was quite a display for a couple of minutes. The male and female were "dancing" and "posing", unfortunately there were many branches in the way.
Here is just the male, in a little less cluttered environment.
The next day I found this beautiful Blue Jay feather in the yard and thought I would try and capture its structure.
Here is a little different colour treatment.
On the first of May I had the pleasure of entertaining a number of birds that were willing to sit for a bit for me. First up is a local White-Breasted Nuthatch.
I am hoping that Tim will appreciate this next subject. I believe he thinks I shot the definitive Dark-eyed Junco a while back. Well here is another attempt.
As always, I continue to get a great Blue Jay image. This next shot is one I am pretty happy with.
What turns out to be one of my favourites is this little female American Goldfinch. I think she looks super in the red buds of the Maple.
I wrap this post up here, hoping that you have had the chance to put a little "wild" in your life!
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment