Friday 1 June 2012

Mute Swan, Turkey Vulture, Towhee, Pileated May 20th Campbell River

Here are a coupleof shots from the Campbell Rivr Trip. I found this little guy in the grass in the back yard, I almost stepped on him.
Here's a Mute Swan.
We found a flock of 13 Turkey Vultures. I hadn't seen any for quite a while, they can be a tough bird to "capture".

I managed to find a couple of Hummingbirds in the backyard.  This guy stuck his tongue our at me.
The next thing I knew there were two of them.
Later in the afternoon this little lady came to visit.
We finished the trip off with a first ever for me a Spotted Towhee.  A Birder buddy of mine tells me that they are hard to find out in the open like this, so I was pretty fortunate.
There were several LYJ's (little yellow job) flitting around in the trees around the house but I never could get a camera lens on them to see what they really were. We really had a great visit and it was super to get caught up after 10 years.

Turbo.


No comments:

Post a Comment