Friday 1 June 2012

Wood duck, ravens, Raccoon.A walk in Stanley Park Vancouver.May 15th 2012

I had an hour or two free while on Conference in Vancouver and managed to get out for a bit of a walk in Stanley Park.  This is a venue I highly recommend if you ever get the chance to go. Right away I found this sleeping swan on her nest.
Even though it was getting to be late evening the Wood ducks still looked GREAT, or so I thought.
Even Rocky the Raccoon made an appearance.
Here is one of the first new arrivals of the year.  A Mallard chick that was being closely watched by mom.
I find Crows and Ravens very difficult to get decent shots of, but I never stop trying.

Here is another shot of a crow, out of the shade and in the late evening sun.
Shortly after that my camera battery died, the first time since I started shooting the 7000. So my trip into Stanley Park was cut short, and I didn't get any good shots of a Great Blue Heron, although I found their rookery.

Turbo



No comments:

Post a Comment