Sunday 22 July 2012

Can I find a Great Grey for the new guy? 120722

I didn't want to drag the "new guy" out of bed too early, so we set a time to meet: 7:30, a.m. But I was up and showered, so I phoned Zelimir, "hey be ready to be picked up at 6:50, I'm on my way!".
Swainsons, Coyotes and Bluebirds were the opening of the day, and I have already seen some of Zel's stuff, and he has a great BB shot. A first for me was this Muley fawn.
While we were stopped to fill up our tea cups, these Crossbills came in. this is the third time in a little over a week that *I have found these guys on teh road/gravel.
I know thast I have been on a bit of a Buffalo kick lately, but take a close look at this big bull. His back is level with the 42" fence posts, and he is laying down, he still has legs and feet to elevate him!
Let's bring them back to Banff!
We picked up a pair of Kingfisher's and I was certain that I spotted a Red Naped Sapsucker right there at the pond. On a piece of road that has held very little for me we spotted this hen grouse.
She had at least three "chicks" with her, I was only able to grab a shot of this one.
Here is a shot that demostrates the "break" in the dark band on the tail featheres of the female. The rooster Ruffed has the band extend all the way across his tail.
Homeward bound things were pretty quiet, grabbed this "flycatcher".
My last image of the day was this Butterfly.
Sorry Zel, I was unable to find the Great owl for you, maybe next time!
I hope everyone has a great Wildlife week.
Turbo






No comments:

Post a Comment