Sunday 29 July 2012

Late start to Frank Lake 120729

The alarm didn't go off as expected so there was scrambling going on today to get my bride to the airport, she is off to meet out new granddaughter. Zel and Tim were pretty good about it although I took a good hearted ribbing from time to time through the day. Inspite of the late start we wre able to grab this shot pretty early.
We turned around as we thought this guy might be a Snipe, bt it is something else, a Yellowlegs perhaps?
There were manhy birds out today, I believe this might be a Northern Harrier, but cannot confirm.
We found this fella at one of your secret spots for waterbirds.
There are young everywhere at this time of year  this young Swainson was grabbing some rays with Mom.
We finally go to the "Lake" and found one of our target birds. there were several Ibis around and with trio I picked up a bonus bird.
I love the shimmer to the males bodies. Since we thought it was worth turning around for a Snipe earlier in the day, it only seemed fair to grab a couple shots of this one.
We were able to find birds all day long and picked up this eastern Kingbird on the way home.

I home that everyone has a great Wildlife week.  Off to Nova Scotia this week then Newfoundland Next week. I am hoping to find something worth posting while I am gone.
Turbo


No comments:

Post a Comment