Sunday 8 July 2012

A trip to the Northwest 120707

After a little more sleep than usual these days I swung by Jamie place this morning as he agreed to drive today. Our first stop was to catch some Pellican's while they were just waking up.  I love how this one "stretched", you can see inside its "pouch".
I grabbed this shot of a song sparrow on the fence where we were standing.
On our first "side road" we spotted this young Muley buck, coming into his antlers.
We went into the end of the road and on the way back out, I wanted to grab a shot at a piece of metal artwork that someone had in their driveway, when Jamie noted a Black Bear on the road behind us.  We spun around a tried to find it.  I find the light muzzle on this bear, and the shape of it to be unique.
There seemed to be a lot going on, we found our first group of Coyote pups(3) with their mother, and as it is the seaon for youngsters, we found a couple of Juvenile Red Naped Sapsuckers. We also spotted a fox (twice) on our second side road of the morning. Along the main drag we fired off shots at this Snipe, you can see how they stand on one leg and withdraw the other.
Further down the road we found this Whietail Buck resting. You can tell he is going to be a beaut as his antlers are already out passed the tips of his ears.
I had injured my shoulder earlier in the year, and on this day while trying to capture a Lily shot I slipped and landed on my elobow which jarred my shoulder considerably. I don't know how it will feel tomorrow, but for now it is not too bad. We copntinued the day with GBH's a Kingfisher, waxwings and many others. We swung into our favourite road in the area and managed to not only spot the fox again, but we also had a pretty good view os a Northern Harrier. Sorry for the "soft shot" it was a long way off and the first time I have managed to catch one sitting realtively still.
We finished up our day with one of our favourite Great Grey's, it was just finishing up a preening job.
I hope everyone has a great outdoor week.
Turbo









No comments:

Post a Comment