Sunday 6 July 2014

Ospreys, Bees, Grackle (20140701) Happy Canada Day.

Day four of the four day weekend and I was pooped! The really early mornings were wearing me out so I thought I would hang around the house for a bit and mow the lawn.  I had also been keeping an eye on a nearby Osprey's nest and thought it would be a great place to spend an hour or two. I was expecting to find a couple of chicks that were near fledging, but that wasn't the case.  Here is a shot for Zel,Tim, and the other landscapers.
I hung around with the Ospreys for quite awhile but it was pretty quiet. Here is dad doing something I would not have anticipated, he actually pulls a fish out of the nest.
A second shot of the series
and now a third. I spent about 90 minutes with this family. The chicks are still too small to be seen from the side of the nest. I will be back in a couple of weeks and see how they are doing.
Like most of Alberta this isn't the only game in the area. I was also able to find a couple of other subjects like this family of ducks taking in the sun on the beach.
I also found this pollenating bee on some of the nearby clover. I love the close up look at the clover. Considering I took this with the TC still on I am pleased with the result.
On the walk to get picked up by the bride I was able to quickly shoot this Grackle.
It was another fabulous day in Alberta. Happy Canada everyone, we live in the best country in the world and we should be proud of it!
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment