Saturday 21 November 2015

Redstart, Yellow Rumped Warbler, Pheasant (20150523) A quick trip to town and the local park

Well it was a wet miserable night that put a very dreary look to the day. Len and I headed over to "town" to pick up a few things to get ready for a fishing trip tomorrow. On the way over Len spotted this rooster as we drove passed it. We had to spin around and go back passed the bird, then re-approach with cameras ready. I was sitting in the passenger seat, and we shot these while still in the truck right on the highway :)
He explained to me that they didn't like getting their feet wet, so in really wet weather he would often find them in trees. From this angle you can reall see his "horn".
On the way home we thought we would stop in the local provincial park. While I had been visiting Mom, he had found some warblers, so we thought we would give it a try. We did manage to spot this Yellow-rump.
While I was in position to grab this fellow, Len got a Black-throated Green warbler. Here is a little better shot of the Yellow-rump.
Next thing I new there was a new flash of a a different colour. We spent about 10 minutes hunting and looking throuhg the thick tangled masses and came up with a brand new bird for for me, and the blog, an American Redstart.
While it is my custome to post two images of a new subject, sorry to say that this was the ony "usuable" image that I was able to get of this little beauty. That was it for the day, so I will end off here. This week be certain to put some "wild" in your life!  Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment