Sunday 21 February 2016

Chickadees, Junco, Buntings (20160212) A quick trip up the valley.

Mom had a little mishap with some of her bathroom equipment. So she called "her boys" to see if we would help out. We headed out in the morning and Len did the majority of the work and got the job done. While they were out shopping I watched the Goldfinches, Nuthatches, and even a Golden-crowned Kinglet. I had left y camera in the truck so I didn't have the tools at hand to capture any images. After the little "job" was done I did manage to grab this Chickadee shot.
 We headed over to Sheffield Mills to see if there were any Eagles around. We found 7 or 8 but this was the only good image worth posting. This bird looks like it is molting its breast feathers.
Our next target area was a trip to Grand Pre to see if we could find the reported Towhee. While our target wasn't found, We did find some Chickadees, it seems to be the day for them.
We did find a small group of Buntings in the area, he is a "back" shot of one of these beautiful birds.
And, it took a little convincing but I got it to turn around for a front side view.
Another Chickadee here, I have no idea why it would be sticking its tongue out at us.
We also found this long distance Junco, which was bobbing around.
I'll finish this post up with the way that I usually find Buntings as we drive the back roads.
We also watched three roosters in this same area runn around a bit. Take some time this week and put a little "wild" in your life. You will feel better for it!
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment