Thursday 11 February 2016

Nuthatch, Back Yard (20160130) A heavy snow fall

Well it turns out we had a decent amount of snow yesterday and over night. While I don't usually do Landscapes here are a couple of shots out the bedroom window of the house. As you can see the deck has quite a bit of snow.
It was wet sticky snow and so the snow stuck to all the trees.
Now to the area where a lot of action occurs: where the feeders are :)
The snow meant that the Chat would need some fresh Jelly as everything that had been put out previously would be burried So I made a quick trip over to see how she was doing. I found her, and she found the new jelly supply.
Upon returning home I was able to grab a couple of images of this Red-breasted Nuthatch.
One of the Hairy males was present as well. The heavy cloud cover made for difficult lighting, but C'est la vie!
And that's all it took for me to get a little "wild" in my life!
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment