Saturday 4 June 2016

Chestnut-sided Warbler, Rose-breated Grosbeak, Butterfly (20160602) A stroll near Brooklyn with my brother Len.

Well I have finally been able to find some camera gear to replace the disaster that happened pretty much a month ago. With my luck of late with equipment I was really wondering what I should do. I couldn't believe how prices had sky-rocketed for my favourite lens. Anyway I have a new to me combination, I hope you like the images. I had been out with Angela G for a stroll a week ago and knew that Len would love to see some new birds. We started with a Chestnut-sided Warbler.

Next up was this marvelously loud Rose-breasted Grosbeak. I believe this was a NS first for Len.
I believe this is a female Redstart, it too would be a first for Len. He has seen the male before, but not the female.
We spotted these leaves and thought  a photo for evidence was in order. I am investigating just what this is.
In the sea of greens it was interesting to find this little bit of red in the leaves.
Quite a way down the trail we ran into another pair of Grosbeaks. The lady was right above our heads feeding. The leavesand the bright sky provided an interesting colours.
Near the far end of our walk we found more Redstarts, here is shot of one of the males.
I was also able to find Len his first Oven bird. I have learned to listen for the "teacher, teacher, teacher, teacher" call.
As with Angela, we were able to spot a couple of the shiny green bugs. I have to find out what these are!
We also managed to bump into a few Common Yellowthroats. I thought this was a pretty good image.
We finished up our day with Cedar Waxwings and this Yellow Swallowtail that I believe was "puddling" on the trail.
I just love the blues and rusts at the base of the wings on this 'fly! Wha a fabulous day with my brother. We both managed to put a little "wild" in our lives, and had a great time doing it.
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment