Sunday 5 June 2016

Common Yellowthroat, Flowers, White-throated Sparrow (20160603) A stroll on the tracks with the puppy.

It was a nice looking day and the bride wanted me to keep the dog out of the house for a couple of hours, so we hit the tracks. Before leaving the yard I grabbed a couple shots of this long distance Purple Finch.
The first subject I found were these beautiful tiny flowers.
While we managed to find a few birds flying around, it was really tough to spot a close by subject. We did find this beauty singing his heart out right near the tracks.
He was such a cooperative little fella, that I have decided to add a couple more shots.
One of the major surprises of the morning was this gorgeouse White-throated Sparrow. I have been looking for one of these little sweethearts everywhere.
I also love the sprouting Tamarack!
Then the highlight of the day when on our way home we managed to spot this lovely American Woodcock. I was hoping that I would be able to sneak in a little closer, but no luck.
I'll wrap up this post here with another shot of some trackside flowers, these little blooms are tiny.
Take some time to put a little "wild" in your life, you'll be happy for doing it.
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment