Sunday 10 July 2016

Ospreys, fire, fireworks (20160701) Canada Day weekend, with some experimentation.

Well the plans were made to head over to North Rustico to help Mike and Jen open up their new Take-out joint: The Yellow House.  The trip was pretty uneventful, and I ws on high alert through the New Brunswick section of the drive as it has been a while since I have seen a moose. At the spot of accomodations there were a couple of Osprey nests which was great to see. Here is a shot of the nesting pair that reside just outside the back door of the resturaunt.
The evening of July 1st I headed out early as I wanted to set up a fire seeing we had a seaside cabin to enjoy. I caught a quick shot of this Osprey with a meal for his young 'uns. Thats a flounder that he is carrying.
As I was waiting for it to get dark enough to start up some flames  I grabbed this shot of some nice clouds and setting sun colours.
It got a little darker so I got my fire "cooking"!
I thought I would do some experimenting with seeing if I could get some interesting "flame" images. I would love to receive comments on this set of tests.
I will only throw a few images here, but I must say overall I am very happy with how they turned out!
Now for my second experiment of the evening, and that is the fireworks that were set off about 2 miles away.
I think being so far away help with getting some acceptable images.
This next series is of the same set of "rockets" I hope you enjoy.
After all it is Canada Day on island, the home of Confederation.
 Happy July 1st everyone!
So it was a super day with the evening definitely being the best part.
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment