Sunday 9 June 2013

Brent's Bluebirds (201030607)

I had taken Brent out for some Mountain Bluebirds a couple of weeks ago for Mountain Bluebirds on a Tuesday night, and it was a windy breezy bust. Even though I was able to find him 5 moose and he grabbed some landscape shots, I was feeling bad. So on Friday night I took him out for a second run, and I believe he ended up more than satisfied!
We had the full range of conditions during the outing. Luckily that meant a little sun too.
These are beautiful birds with the multiple shades that appear on them, then on the wing tips and tail points they fade off to black, just terrific.
With the little ones squawking  to be fed, these two were busy full time getting them chow.
I was really surprised that dad was busy rustling up bugs for crew too. It was interesting to watch that both the female and male would go into the house at the same time.
This was the closest that I have manged to get to these birds, it was a great encounter.
I am certain Brent had a great time, he was grinning all the way home. We also spotted some Goldfinches and a couple of Eastern Kingbird's, but I am afraid that not much will touch these Mountain Bluebirds.
It was a terrific evening with some great results. I am looking forward to seeing what Brent was able to do with his full frame unit. Have a great wildlife day!
Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment