Monday 5 March 2012

In search of the Northern Hawk Owl

After the Sunday stroll, I hooked up with Jamie as he had never seen a NHO, so we headed out to find the mystical bird. We had great directions (mostly) as to the Owl's location, but it was not be found. We did manage to find a different Owl, a first for me and that was a Short Earred Owl.  We took photos but he bird was about 350 yards off. Perhaps Jamie will be able to submit something here as a comment?
While we were out we also found this herd of 80+ elk, lounging in a field:
Some Rough Leggeds:
10 Sheep, 40-50 deer. It was a fabulous afternoon, other than the wind came up. Here is a shot I took from the back of the truck:
Everyone have a GREAT work week. I am contemplating trying out a different lens next week.
I also have to acknowledge the fantastic woman I am married to, she allows me the freedom to embark on these adventures.

Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment