Monday 26 March 2012

Jamie's place

Sheesh, way behind on my posting from the weekend. This will be the first of 3 posts to cover off the weekend treks. Jamie has been moaning about not having anything worth "shooting" in his neighbourhood, so I thought I would go up and do a little exploring with him.  We left his place @ 4:10 p.m. and were in woods within 45 minutes.  What did we find? How about: 100 deer, 25-30 elk, 5 bald eagles, 15-20 roughies, 1 redtail and a GHO!  Not too Shabby, as we used to say at the spring bear camp!
Ever wonder how a deer jumps, clears, then lands when they jump the fence?  Here is your answer:
First you have to lift your front legs.
Then you kick with your hind legs:
Then you land on your front legs and do a hand stand!
That boy is dreaming I tell you, there is a tonne of great stuff up in his area!!!

Turbo

1 comment:

  1. Jeepers, I guess I deserve those shots :). Now just more reason to visit me in the North :).
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete