Saturday 10 March 2012

Owl Prowl

With now two owls in one area that we wanted to get shots of Jamie and I headed out to look for the elusive Northern Hawk owl and the newly added to the list, Short Earred owl. We didn't get out of the neighbourhood when Jamie had me scrambling for my camera, one of my target specie was on the loose, but we weren't going to get too close.
We found another target of mine while out today, and if this keeps up we will continue to look for the NHO, and find other stuff that we weren't necessarily looking for.
A Juvenile Northern Shrike.  While out exploring, as this was our other purpose for the morning, we happened upon these domestic horses, and I thought a couple of shots deserved posting.
Other critters of note were Mule deer, Whitetails, a couple of mature Bald Eagles, several Roughies, and a cattle drive with about 300 head and 10 cowboys, gotta love Alberta and the cowboys!

Turbo




1 comment:

  1. Although we missed the owls it just goes to show how much goes on from the minute you step outside your front door.
    This was my first cattle drive and it was a great site to see, and the extra bonus was nobody was following me for quite some time :)

    ReplyDelete