Wednesday 21 March 2012

Tuesday Morning coming down- Hairy Woodpecker, Whitetail, Northern Flicker

Had some time to kill this morning and even though it was poor light I thought that I would try and find the two male owls on nest guarding duty in FCPP. After spotting the first male and walking over to the second I found this Hairy Woodpecker working over this fallen log:
I was very fortunate and able to creep to within 15 feet.
After the spotting of the second male, I found this doe. She had been laying down with her fawn. This deer has no white eye rings like I have seen on other Whitetails recently:

Shortly after that I found these two male Northern Flickers. They did a little head bobbing, but I didn't see them do any wing flaring at all. It was some sort of a stare down match.
I start work on Monday, so that will bring an end to my midweek walks in the parks.  Once the the days get a little longer, I will be doing evening patrols out at the Cross.

Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment