Monday 19 March 2012

Saturday night Squirrels

Saturday night and Dan and I are sitting in the dark, looking skyward for indications of the Northern Flying squirrel to appear. Actually I arrived around 7:00 to get my flash gear set up, and to find a spot to sit. I was ready for a long evening. With evrything in place and tested it was around 8:00 p.m. when our friendly neighbourhood Ruffed grouse appeared.  I took a shot at it, this time with absolutely marginal flash, this photo has been lightened up significantly with software, but I love it!
A little "bright eye" but I am happy with the shot considering conditions.
Dan showed up at about 8:10, and got set up. We headed over to the bridge to do a little owl calling with no responses received. We were all settled in when our first "visitor" appeared. Dan got off a shot (a little too early, I'm afraid it spooked the squirrels):
Dan has graciously provided me with a copy of the photo for use here on the Blog. We hung around for another 2 hours after this shot, but no other squirrel came calling.  We could here them around us, but none came to where we were set up.  Perhaps another evening we will head out.

Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment