Monday 5 March 2012

Mallard, Nuthatch, Chickadee Saturday at Fish Creek Park with Friends.

After a successful Snowy hunt, I wanted to try this rental lens out on some birds that I have a great familiarity with, so Jamie and I headed down to Fish Creek PP. I left the 1.7 Teleconverter on as it was near midday and we had a ton of light. We couldn't find the GHO's so we headed over for a Bald Eagle, little luck there, but on the way back we took the opportunity to shoot some mallards, here is one of my best:

We chased a couple of Northern Flickers around, and actually found a nest, complete with resident:

Then it was off to find Canada's bird the Chickadee, Jamie thought he would see if they would "take the bait":

At the end I thought I'd grab a shot of a White Breasted Nuthatch, this one is for my mother:
Another long post, primarily due to the photos. It was a GREAT day!
Not happy with the rental gear, but perhaps it is me.

Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment